Davidstow Cauliflower cheese
A creamy cauliflower cheese can be elevated to the next level by using our Davidstow Reserve cheddar. Try using white wine for the sauce or for a south west twist add cider instead.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Skill level: Easy
• 150g grated Davidstow Cheddar, 36 month Reserve
• 500ml Whole milk
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 50g butter
• 50g Flour
• 50ml White Wine
• 1 tbsp bread crumbs
• Pinch of Nutmeg
• Salt and pepper
• 1 whole cauliflower, florets, stalk and leaves
1. Start by making your cheese sauce in a saucepan. Combine melted butter with chopped onion for the mixture at this early stage and once softened sprinkle in the flour. Mix into a roux paste then add the wine and milk.
2. Stir until smooth and then add in almost all of your grated Davidstow cheese – reserving some to sprinkle on top of the cauliflower.
3. Arrange the cauliflower in an ovenable container and pour over your cheese sauce. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and more grated cheese. Bake at 180˚C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Reserve cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow crab & leek gratin
This is a recipe which celebrates Cornish luxury but it’s surprisingly easy to make. The Reserve cheddar adds extra maturity to the flavour with the leek and crab, but you can use one of our other aged cheeses too and still get great results.
Davidstow Fish Pie
A classic fish pie with a twist! The mashed potato is enriched with a generous grating of Davidstow Crackler & we use a vermouth instead of white wine for the white sauce!