Davidstow smoked haddock tart
Our beloved Crackler works wonderfully with robust flavours. For this recipe we’ve paired it with smoked haddock for a homely but delicious summer tart. Try adding watercress to the recipe or some smoked salmon for extra colour.
• 200g shortcrust pastry
• 200g Davidstow Cheddar 18 month Crackler, grated
• 150g smoked haddock, chopped
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 50g peas
• 1 leek finely chopped, sautéed
• 1 tsp chopped dill
• 100ml milk
• 150 ml double cream
• Cracked black pepper
1. Press your pastry into a greased flan dish and line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes to blind bake. Then remove the beans and parchment and trim the pastry edges.
2. Combine your eggs, milk and cream in a bowl and season well. Then sprinkle your Davidstow Cheddar and haddock, cooked leeks and peas into the quiche base with some chopped dill. Pour over your egg mixture.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Leave to cool and set further. Serve with chive flowers
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Crackler cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow Fish Pie
A classic fish pie with a twist! The mashed potato is enriched with a generous grating of Davidstow Crackler & we use a vermouth instead of white wine for the white sauce!
Davidstow cheddar & apple tart
This is an ideal way to serve our Davidstow Crackler, for a recipe that is quick and easy to make. An open tray bake with extra mature cheddar providing the savoury profile to work with sweet apple, subtle metallic notes from watercress and earthy walnut.
Davidstow crab & leek gratin
This is a recipe which celebrates Cornish luxury but it’s surprisingly easy to make. The Reserve cheddar adds extra maturity to the flavour with the leek and crab, but you can use one of our other aged cheeses too and still get great results.