Davidstow Quiche Lorraine
This is our classic Quiche Lorraine recipe with plenty of Davidstow Crackler to add depth of flavour. A homemade quiche is the perfect summer picnic food and it’s worth the effort. Remember Taste Takes Time…
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Skill level: Easy
• 200g shortcrust pastry
• 200g Davidstow Cheddar 18 month Crackler, grated
• 100g smoked streaky bacon, chopped and fried
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 100ml milk
• 150 ml double cream
• 2 sprigs of thyme
• Cracked black pepper
1. Press your pastry into a greased flan dish and line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes to blind bake. Then remove the beans and parchment and trim the pastry edges.
2. Combine your eggs, milk and cream in a bowl and season well. Then sprinkle your Davidstow Cheddar and bacon into the quiche base with some sprigs of thyme. Pour over your egg mixture.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Leave to cool and set further. Serve with chive flowers
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Crackler cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow cheese and onion pasty
This is our Cornish cheese and onion pasty that celebrates the classic combination of matured cheddar and aromatic allium
Davidstow cheese ploughmans
Add some Cornish charm to your ploughman’s with our Davidstow Crackler cheese. It is complex and creamy but with a crumbly texture like the rugged north coasts of Cornwall.