Perfect to share with family for an indulgent treat. Our fondue recipe uses local cider but you could also try with a Cornish ale or white wine. Cauliflower, sourdough and apple is a classic combination for dipping but also try grapes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and pickled onions.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Easy
• 200g 12 month Davidstow Classic, grated
• 150g Mozzarella, roughly chopped
• 150g Gruyere, grated
• 2 tbsp cornflour
• 100ml Cornish Cider
• 1 clove of garlic, grated
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp grated nutmeg
1. Start by grating all your cheeses and toss with the cornflour in a bowl. Then in a fondue pot or saucepan heat the wine and garlic on a low heat.
2. Add the cheese a little at a time, stirring well and then once smooth add mustard and nutmeg.
3. Serve an assortment of bread, fruit and vegetables with fondue forks or skewers. Dip and enjoy!
Buy your cheese online
This recipe uses Davidstow Classic cheese. You can now buy our cheeses online. Click below to shop now.
You may also like
Davidstow Cheese & Herb Twists
These cheese twists are perfect for the whole family. The mature tang of aged cheddar works perfectly with the sweet shallot, spring onions and bright chive.
Davidstow Cauliflower cheese
A creamy cauliflower cheese can be elevated to the next level by using Davidstow Reserve cheddar.
Davidstow Cornish Rarebit
This is the ultimate grilled cheese recipe with a Cornish twist on the traditional rarebit. We’ve used a bottle of local Doombar and some wholegrain mustard to complement our Classic 12 month cheddar.