We are currently only able to ship orders to mainland UK addresses.
Due to the perishable nature of our product, we are not able to ship to non-mainland areas of the UK (including but not limited to Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and some areas of Scottish Highlands & Islands), or to non-UK destinations. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
We charge a subsidised shipping fee of £3.95 per parcel.
· For cheese-only orders, the maximum per parcel capacity is 6kg of cheese. Orders greater than 6kg of cheese will be shipped in two parcels and shipping charged accordingly.
· Due to their size, our gift sets may need to be shipped in a separate parcel:
· If your order includes individual cheeses and either an ‘Ingot Trio’ or a ‘Cheese, Crackers & Chutney’ gift set, we will endeavour to ship them together in the same box. If however your total order volume exceeds the maximum box capacity, we will ship in two parcels and charge accordingly.
· Due to its size, our ‘Cheese, Crackers, Chutney & Slate’ gift set is always shipped in a distinct parcel, carrying the standard £3.95 shipping fee.
Full and final shipping fees will always be reflected at checkout, giving you full transparency of the total amount you will be charged when you place your order.
We dispatch orders Monday – Thursday for delivery the following day (Tuesday – Friday) between 8am – 6pm. An exception to this is on Bank Holidays where orders will be dispatched on the next working day.
We use DPD for all of our deliveries. Whilst they are unable to guarantee delivery within 24hrs, we believe they are the best couriers in the market, with a completion rate very close to 100%.
We take great care to make sure your cheese will arrive to you in the best possible condition.
· We store all our products in appropriate, temperature controlled conditions prior to dispatch.
· Your cheese will always be picked and packed on the day of dispatch and we always use a next day delivery service.
· As our goods are perishable, we will only attempt delivery ONCE, on the scheduled delivery date.
· We can deliver to a residential or business address. Please ensure you choose a delivery address where you, or someone with your permission, are available to receive the delivery. If no one will be available at your selected shipping address to take delivery of the parcel, it is imperative that you add ‘safe place’ or ‘leave with neighbour’ delivery instruction to your order. We will not attempt a second delivery.
· We ship in fully insulated, sustainable Woolcool shipping boxes, with re-usable ice packs included. Our shipping packaging is designed to hold our cheeses at the right temperature for up to 48 hours, which means your cheese will remain chilled until it gets to you. Please refrigerate upon receipt.
THE SHIPPING PROCESS EXPLAINED
1. Enter your chosen delivery address in full at checkout. It is important that you also leave an email address and a mobile telephone number for yourself, or your recipient, in order to receive shipping updates.*
2. Before proceeding to payment we ask that you add delivery instruction to your order in the text box provided. This might be a ‘safe place‘ or a ‘leave with neighbour’ instruction and will be passed to our courier partner, DPD.
This is particularly important if you are unable to be home to take delivery, or if you are sending a surprise gift, but even if you are planning to be home, circumstances can change. We therefore ask that you always add delivery instruction to your order. The place you choose should be secure, protected from the elements and accessible to the driver to leave the parcel.
3. When your order is dispatched you will receive an email notification with your scheduled delivery date and unique DPD shipping reference number. You can use this number to track your parcel’s progress via the DPD tracking tool, which can be accessed via the link in your shipping confirmation email or SMS.
4. Follow the ‘my options’ link on your shipping confirmation to add delivery instruction to your order if not already completed at checkout.
5. On the morning of your delivery, DPD will send out an email and/or SMS confirming your one-hour delivery slot. ‘My options’ can again be accessed via a direct link from this notification, should you need to make a change to your ‘safe place’ instruction.
6. As our products are perishable, our courier will make every effort to deliver your parcel on the scheduled delivery date. This may include, if you are not home, leaving the parcel with a neighbour or in a location they deem safe.
*Unless you have opted in to receive marketing communications from Davidstow, your personal data (telephone number and email address) will not be used for anything other than tracking updates and notifications.
Delivery terms & conditions
We will deliver your products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 5 working days after the day on which we accept your order. Delivery times quoted or displayed are for guidance only, based on availability, normal processing time and the availability of our courier partner, and not a guarantee.
Please make sure the delivery address and postcode are complete and correct, as we cannot be responsible for non-delivery due to an incorrect address/postcode.
We can deliver to a residential or business address. Please ensure you choose a delivery address where you, or someone with your permission, are available to receive the delivery. If the order is a gift, to an address other than your own, it is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to receive it. Please note, we will only advise gift recipients of impending deliveries if their phone number and/ or email was entered on the order detail.
As our goods are perishable we give permission to the driver to leave goods in a place he/she considers a secure location (out of sight and out of the weather), such as with a neighbour or out of sight in a porch. In all such cases, you will be informed via the tracking service (text message and/or email) and with a slip through the letterbox:
· Where you have added specific ‘safe place’ delivery instruction to the order, we will do our best to comply with this.
· If our courier deems a ‘safe place’ location not to be secure, either because it is exposed to the elements or it is visible from the road, they may choose an alternative location.
· In the rare event that the driver cannot find an appropriate secure location, they may return your parcel to the depot. We will be unable to attempt a second delivery.
Please note that should your nominated ‘safe place’ delivery location not be secure, we are unable to assume liability for loss or damage incurred as a result of the cheese being left in that location.
On the scheduled delivery date, if there is nobody present at the delivery address to receive and refrigerate the cheese, we are unable to accept liability for perished goods. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present and that they are able to refrigerate the goods on delivery.
In the event that there is nobody available to receive the delivery on the scheduled delivery date and no secure location can be identified to make delivery, we are unable to offer any refunds or compensation, provided the delivery was attempted that day. It is therefore imperative that you ensure you have left safe place delivery instruction on your order.
Please contact our consumer care team via our Contact Us form or via telephone (0800 023 4766), if your order fails to arrive, or if the order arrives on the correct delivery date in an unsatisfactory condition.